Fender American Special Stratocaster® guitars
Characterized by their midrange chirp, crystalline highs and tight bass, Fender Texas Special™ Strat pickups feature an overwound single-coil construction that produces big Texas-blues tone.
- Enamel-coated magnet wire produces warmer vintage-style tones
- Middle pickup is reverse-wound to eliminate hum in pickup positions two and four
- Over-wound calibrated pickups deliver scorching output
- Staggered polepieces balance volume and output across every string
- Alnico 5 magnets add more focus and enhanced dynamics
- Period-correct cloth wire and fiber bobbin construction
- Available with white pickup covers
Fender Texas Special™ Strat pickups come with all parts needed for installation, including:
- Mounting screws
- Pickup height adjustment tubing
- Wiring diagram
Output Rating (Bass/Mid/Treble)
- Neck: 4/6/8
- Middle: 4/6/7
- Bridge: 8/6/7
- Neck: 6.2k ohms
- Middle: 6.5k ohms
- Bridge: 6.7k ohms
- Neck: 2.4 henries
- Middle: 2.6 henries
- Bridge: 3.58 henries
Overwound for tight, clear bass, crisp highs and maximum output that easily kicks an amp into overdrive, Tex-Mex Tele pickups are the ideal choice for players who need a pickup that can go from clean to mean and everything in-between. Perfect for everything from crisp clean tones to earthy Texas grit, Tex-Mex pickups are packed with the rich, vintage-style Fender tone you’ve grown to love.
Highly responsive, the Tex-Mex Tele pickups reproduce every dynamic nuance of your performance with ease. Perfect for any style of music, they’re the pickup of choice for versatile players.
Kit includes primary PCB board, TBX Tone Potentiometer, Volume and Tone Potentiometers, output jack, capacitor, 1/4 watt resistor, and control mounting washers and nuts. Will work with virtually any Stratocaster pickups. Kit does not include pickups or pickup selector switch.
Includes wiring diagram and set up instructions.